The CWEA State Collection System Committee summer meeting is July 29th & 30th at the Veteran’s Memorial Building in Morro Bay.
Cost to attend is $60. If you are interested in attending, please contact Lenny Rather via email at email@example.com or by calling 510.816.6977.
Download the flier for more details: Summer Meeting July 29-30 2016 Flyer (pdf)
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Veteran’s Memorial Building
209 Surf Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442
A. 8:00 – Call to Order by Lenny Rather, Chair
• Introduction of Present Board Members
• Self Introductions (name, agency, years of service and your involvement with CWEA)
• Report by Chair on the Committee and the Day’s Agenda
B. Annual Conference 2016 Collection System Committee Meeting Minutes Approval
C. 8:30-12:00 – Presentations:
• Collection System Management Issues in a Changing World: The 20,000 foot view- Rich Cunningham, Public Works Manager (Retired) San Francisco, Albany and City of Emeryville
• Case Studies of WDR and SSMP Compliance Failures : Causes and Consequences- Paul Causey, Causey Consulting
• Effects of Drought Conditions on Collection Systems Using CWIQS Data (Update), Tom Edwards – Duke’s Root Control
• Managing Drought Impacts on Wastewater Collection Systems (Update), – Lani Good, West Yost Associates
• Combat new root intrusions using trenchless spot repair technologies – Dave Badgley
• Video Enhancement Project- Tom Herlihy (USD), Sam Rose (SPMUD) and Juan Coca (WBSD)
Books and manuals still have their place, but it is time we move into the digital world in our approach to training. To that point, we would like you to consider joining with us in the development of a robust learning library targeted specifically toward the wastewater community and at least initially, Collection System worker and Supervisor development. Video instruction can be watched as many times as necessary until concepts stick. Narrative can be added for auditory learners. Video learning has been underutilized over the years, but with recent advancements in technology we all now have the ability to collaboratively contribute as developers, instructors, editors, or reviewers. Each lesson would be short, informative, would supply references, and would work off an easy to navigate template. All of these lessons could be accessed and streamed to desktops and tablets.
D. BBQ Lunch – 12:00-1:00, Families welcome
A first for this event is the family BBQ, if you are bringing your family to the event- they are welcome to join us for lunch. Restaurant info
E. 1:00-3:00 – Committee Business
• CWEA Board Liaison Report – Michael Flores
• SSS-WDR Task Force, a CSC Specialty Conference is scheduled for January 2017
• Collection System Web-page
• Collection Systems Awards Program, update on nomination forms
• NRTC Final Year, How will we replace two days of Collection System training?
• 2017 Annual Conference Planning (May 2 – May 5, 2017-Palm Springs)
o Session chair: Marvin Gonzalez
• 2017 Mid-Summer Meeting, Do we expand this event, change dates, add training etc.
• Collection Systems Local Sections Reports
• New Business, Open nominations for CSC Secretary from the South
F. Meeting Adjourned: 3:00