A message from the CWEA President
I am pleased to announce the opening of nominations for the following 2020 CWEA State Board of Directors’ positions:
- Vice President from the South (will be President in year 3 of 4-year service);
- Director at-large from the North (3-year term);
- Director at-large from the South (serves as Treasurer in year 3 of 3-year term);
- Water Environment Federation Delegate Director from the South (3-year term starting October 2020; attendance at CWEA board meetings starts immediately after April 2020 election).
I am sure you know interested and qualified candidates who should be considered by the Executive Committee. Please use this document for nominations which include:
- A sample nomination letter for you to use to nominate a candidate by December 17, 2019;
- The questionnaire for candidates to submit with a picture in .jpg, .gif format
by December 17 2019;
- A copy of the portion of the CWEA Constitution explaining the duties all board members are expected to perform and a link for the CWEA Board Bylaws which detail each positions responsibility and the board committee assignments.
The nominator must be a CWEA Active, Association, or Professional Wastewater Operations member. CWEA Local Sections and Committees may also nominate candidates. All candidates must be members of both CWEA and the Water Environment Federation.
Nominations, including a brief biography of the candidate, the nominee’s completed questionnaire and photo, should be submitted by December 17, 2019 to my attention at:
Kevin Calderwood, President
California Water Environment Association
7677 Oakport Street, Suite 600
Oakland, CA 94621
Please notify the candidate you are nominating so they have sufficient time to complete the attached questionnaire (including the biography/resume and picture). Occasionally, candidates include endorsements from other members, agencies, local sections, and committees. These are not required and, when received, are used by the Committee as additional information about the candidates’ participation in CWEA.
Candidates will be selected by the Executive Committee based on their responses to the questionnaire, their resume, and, for VP nominees, a phone interview. The Executive Committee also considers the balance of representation on the full board and competencies needed to help build the organization’s future.
Once again, thank you for your help.