Message from the President
As you may have heard, CWEA’s longtime Executive Director, Elizabeth Allan, will soon be enjoying a well-earned retirement.
Over the last few months, the Board of Directors and the Board’s Executive Committee conducted an extensive search for the best person to fill this important role.
The Board of Directors is pleased to introduce Jenn Jones, CAE, as CWEA’s incoming Executive Director.
Here are a few highlights from Jenn’s experience:
- Executive Director, American Institute of Architects San Francisco
- Executive Director, Center for Architecture + Design
- Director of Integrated Communications and Technology, International Association of Lighting Designers
- Marketing and Communications Manager, Chicago History Museum
- Certified Association Executive (CAE), ASAE
- Graduate, US Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management
- Master of Science, Public Service & Non-Profit Administration, DePaul University
- Bachelor of Science, Journalism & Sociology, Eastern Michigan University
Jenn has more than 20 years of experience in association management. She presented several exciting ideas and perspectives during her interviews and explained how she can help CWEA continue moving into the future.
I would like to personally thank my fellow Board and Executive Committee Directors for their thoughtful and diligent work during the search process. I would also like to thank Sterling Martin, our executive search consultants. They brought us a thorough, well-organized process that provided the Board with an incredibly talented field of candidates.
Jenn will start work in June. I’m excited to dig in and start working with her on our next, new adventures. We want CWEA to be an association that will help you along the way as we move through our careers.
Please join me in giving a big CWEA welcome to Jenn Jones.
Senior Project Manager