The Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) establishes a new financing mechanism to accelerate investment in our nation’s water infrastructure. The WIFIA program will provide loans for up to 49 percent of eligible project costs for projects that will cost at least $20 million for large communities and $5 million for small communities (population of 25,000 or less).
Join EPA to learn how the WIFIA program will be implemented in the coming year, including:
- Program basics, including current status, eligibility, statutory requirements, and anticipated schedule
- Application and selection process
- Creditworthiness assessment
- Examples of how WIFIA could be used and its potential cost-savings
- Potential WIFIA applicants including municipal entities, corporations, partnerships, and State Revolving Fund programs
- Private and non-governmental organizations that support potential applicants
All sessions will be from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
San Francisco, CA
Monday, November 14
Los Angeles, CA
Tuesday, November 15
Register in advance at http://wifia.questionpro.com. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. If you are unable to attend in-person, EPA will host a webinar series covering the same topics in December. For more information about the WIFIA program, visit www.epa.gov/wifia or contact WIFIA@EPA.GOV.