2015 California Water Policy Challenge
A supportive policy environment is vital to foster a market for water innovation. Imagine H2O’s California Water Policy Challenge is a policy brief competition designed to source policy ideas that accelerate the deployment of water technologies to combat California’s drought.
The competition is open to everyone – colleges, students, agencies, associations, professionals and so on. Student teams receive a discounted entry fee.
Imagine H2O, whose accelerator portfolio represents over $1 in every $10 of early stage financing in the water sector, will work with some of the state’s leading water experts to identify policy ideas that effectively balance impact and political feasibility to drive the market for water innovation.
“It’s time California gave water the same attention it has given energy. Imagine H2O’s approach allows us to identify practical, intelligent policy solutions that can get technology deployed in California.” – Buzz Thompson, Imagine H2O Challenge Judge; Professor at Stanford Law School and Director of the Woods Institute for the Environment
Winners will be determined by an independent panel of California water experts.
- Buzz Thompson, Stanford University
- Tina Cannon Leahy, Assembly Water, Parks & Wildlife Committee
- Ron Gastelum, Southern California Water Committee
- Andrew Fahlund, California Water Foundation
- AG Kawamura, OC Produce (former California Secretary of Agriculture)
- Jennifer Persike, Association of California Water Agencies
- Leslie Friedman Johnson, Conservation and Natural Resources Group
AWARDS & BENEFITS:
- $25,000 in cash and grants
- Introductions to funders, advocacy organizations and other stakeholders
- Visibility to elected officials and industry leaders through media coverage and participation in a policy showcase event
- Feedback and coaching from leading water practitioners
- Early Bird – Student – Sept. 14th – $27.24
- Early Bird – Non-Student – Sept 14th – $53.49
- Student – Oct 9th – $53.49
- Standard – Oct 9th – $105.99
Questions? Email Imagine H2O at email@example.com.
Deadline for entries is Sept 30th.