Every year, Northern Safety Day attendees discover the safety training they need and this year is no different. This year our theme is Safety DNA, Is it in You? Be sure to join us at the Yolo County Fairgrounds on October 24th to see if you have safety in your DNA. You’ll learn the latest in Gas Monitor Fundamentals, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Animal Awareness and much more. Check out over 30 exhibitors showcasing the latest in safety equipment and services. As always you will enjoy a BBQ lunch from Buckhorn Catering, and make sure you stay until the end of the day for the top of the line door prize door prize drawings. Take advantage of this time to network even more with the exhibitors.
Our opening session will feature Mary Anne Johnson discussing, “The Christchurch Earthquakes Living without Essential Services.” We also have additional speakers lined up to present on a wide range of safety topics including:
- Gas Monitor Fundamentals (Bob Comer)
- Basic Pipe Plug Safety (Steve Thomas)
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement (CHP)
- Are You and Your Family Safe? (Bruce Andersen)
- Animal Awareness (John Tasello)
- Hydraulic Tool & Equipment Safety (Andy Bull)
- What’s Your Safety Attitude? (Larry Olivan)
- Catastrophic Failure in Heavy Lifting/Commercial Hoisting (Steve Turner)
- (When things go BOOM!) Central San’s Cogeneration Turbine Explosion (Craig Mizutani)
The last session of the day will conclude with Cal OSHA “Compliance Made Easy?” presented by David Patzer of DKF Solutions Group, LLC.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Space is still available, but will fill-up quickly. Attendee registration, sponsorship forms, and exhibitor forms are all located on the CWEA website . If you have additional questions for sponsorship or exhibiting information, please contact Roland Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org (510-506-3767) or Lee Wheeler at email@example.com (510-200-6564). We look forward to seeing you there.