In preparation for California Water Professionals Week during the first full week of October we are collecting profiles of veterans who work in the CA water sector.
We are asking agency, public information and HR managers to help us gather great profiles of deserving CA water pros who are veterans. We will accept and republish profiles and photos from any CA water or wastewater agency.
Reasons to participate: Let’s celebrate our outstanding CA water professionals. The sector needs about 6,000 new workers each year. We need to build the next gen pipeline for success. By sharing your story, you’ll help get more people (incl veterans in need of a career) interested in this rewarding profession.
We are still gathering #veteransinwater profiles. 3-4 profiles per agency are good. Thank you so much for the overwhelming support of California’s #VeteransInWater.
Typically 500-1,000 word profiles
- What is your role?
- What / who inspired you to work in water?
- What fuels your passion for your work?
- What is the biggest mis-perception about working in water?
- Why should veterans join this field?
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your work?
- First and last name
- Tenure and certifications held
- Name of agency
- Branch and years of service
Photo suggestions for profiles
Please submit 3 image options. High quality images 500k-3mb jpeg files. Don’t have pro photographer? Your phone is fine!
- Facing camera
- Waist up
- Standing or leaning
- Subject or subject w/a co-worker or two
- Water facility/equipment background
- Hard hat and safety vest (if area requires)
- Quality lighting
- Horizontal (social media is all horizontal) and please allow extra space, we’ll crop
- Employee and agency grant permission to BAYWORK, CWEA and CA-NV AWWA
- Profiles appear on web & social media