It’s not too late to register for the 2016 P3S (Pretreatment, Pollution Prevention and Stormwater) conference being held at the Riverside Convention Center. You will receive essential training on critical updates and new developments in the water and wastewater sectors. Register Online Today!
EPA Pretreatment Training Technical Session
Come and join other P3S professionals on Tuesday, March 1st as they discuss EPA Pretreatment Regulations. After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify applicable regulations and how the regulations impact states.
- Define local limits.
- Identify categorical standards and their applicability.
- Learn how to conduct a formal industrial survey and the information that should be provided to the Control Authority.
Opening General Session: Dealing with Risky Communications
Change is a constant reality and causes stress when a community defines risks differently than an agency or organization. Agencies, policymakers and agency staff can choose to ignore communities or interact more effectively with the public. After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify how our brains are hardwired to avoid conflict and how to hardwire them to engage.
- Define risk and the key variables that underlie community and staff perceptions of risk.
- List three critical messages needed for adult communication and dialogue.
- Discuss four primary factors that create trust and credibility.
Environmental Compliance Certification Preparation Session
Are you taking an ECI Certification exam? If so, this session is for you. After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the most difficult topics on the ECI Certification Test Grades 1-4.
- Learn strategies to approach the most challenging topics.
- Learn from other’s experiences and gain study tips.
Conference Registration Questions? Contact CWEA at 510-382-7800, ext. 125 or email Sheena Bell
Technical Program Questions? Contact Cassie Prudhel
Do you wish to volunteer at the conference? Contact Conference Chair, Abigail Gomez
P3S16 is sponsored by