The CWEA San Francisco Bay Section Professional Development Committee will be holding a seminar on Staying Current: The Latest on Regulatory Updates. Operators, Managers, Engineers, Planners, Compliance Officers and others interested in updating their knowledge of regulatory issues affecting the wastewater industry won’t want to miss this informative one-day seminar.
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS:
- An Overview of Hazardous Materials Unified Program Agency (HMUPA) Requirements for Wastewater Facilities
Bert Drews, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
- Municipal Regional Stormwater Permit Reissuance: Highlights and Next Steps
Keith Lichten, SF Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Nutrients in San Francisco Bay – The Question of Impairment?
David Williams, Bay Area Clean Water Agencies
- Pollution Prevention – Moving the Regulatory Conversation Upstream
Melody LaBella, Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Regulations Related to Recycled Water, 2014 Revisions and the Future of Reuse
Brian Bernados, Department of Drinking Water, State Water Resources Control Board
- Wastewater Operator Certification Program: AB-2890
Annette Caraway, Office of Operator Certification, State Water Resources Control Board
The seminar is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, at East Bay Municipal Utility District (375 11th Street, Oakland, CA 94607). Last day to sign up is June 14, 2016. To reserve your spot, send registration info to Linda Leong at LLeong@sfwater.org or enter data (link). Please see the flyer for more information.