Gain education even before the conference begins by attending 1 of our 8 pre-conference workshops. Expect that and much more at the 2014 Annual Conference in Santa Clara, Tuesday, April 29 – Friday, May 2 – it’s the most cost effective way to build your skills and your agency’s capabilities. Register Now!
- Laboratory 202: Small and medium lab persons need to know more than the simplistic elements of a 101 class. Lab 202 offers expanded looks at current topical methods as well as basic considerations for selecting a LIMS, contracting for lab services, advanced analytical techniques, and the Alternate Test Procedure process.
- Collection System Asset Management: Learn how applying asset management techniques in your system – (anywhere from small projects to complete system-wide programs) can lower your risk of Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs), regulatory issues, third-party lawsuits, etc. This workshop is geared towards engineering and public works professionals responsible for managing wastewater collection systems.
- Training the Trainer: Learn about how moderate one of CWEA’s Technical Certification Preparation Study Sessions. Learn from current moderators experienced in helping CWEA applicants prepare for their exam.
- Source Control System Toolbox – Educating Collection System Workers: Further your education on the importance of an effective Fats, Oil, and Grease (FOG) program and clear communication in reducing FOG related sanitary sewer overflows (SSOs).
- Leadership Training – Sizzle and Substance: Creating Brain-Friendly Presentations: Learn the latest in developing presentations that will increase retention and spread contagious enthusiasm. You’ll learn about 7 brain-friendly strategies for presentations, and how to apply these strategies to your presentations.
- Using Design Build to Improve and Accelerate the Construction of Water and Wastewater Infrastructure: Get an overview of the design-build process and an understanding of its benefits. Case studies will be provided to show benefits of design-build on a wide variety of project types from repair and maintenance to major facility construction, upgrades, or renovation.
- Wastewater Treatment Regulations 101: Learn the basics about NPDES regulations, technology, water quality-based effluent limitations, biosolids, regulations, compliance and much more.
- Professional Savvy for the Developed and Developing Professional – Skills and Tools for Professional Growth: Complementing your technical expertise with professional savvy is critical to your professional growth and development. This workshop will explore building relationships vs. simple networking, understanding professional etiquette and time management skills.