The Water Environment Federation is now accepting applications for the 2015 WEF Fellows’ candidates. The WEF Fellows Program recognizes the professional achievement, stature and contributions of WEF members to the preservation and enhancement of the global water environment in the practice areas served by WEF as described below.
WEF Fellow applicants will be considered by a selection committee approved by the Board of Trustees. Selected WEF Fellows may use the professional designation, WEF Fellow, after their name.
- Member of WEF for a minimum of five consecutive years
- Completed and signed WEF Fellows application providing:
- Documentation for a minimum of ten years of professional experience
- Documentation of professional achievement/stature and contributions to preserving and enhancing the global water environment, in the practice areas served by WEF, including, but not limited to Design, Education, Operations, Regulation, Research and Utility Management/Leadership.
- Documented contributions to the member’s profession through participation in professional organizations and community involvement. Include examples of your work which convey the impact you have made in your practice area. Note: all presentations, papers, and cited works must be properly documented to show ownership.
- Provide supporting letters from WEF members, (maximum of 5/minimum of 3) – two letters must be from peers in your practice area, and not employed at the same organization as the applicant.
- Applications are accepted from any current WEF member as a self-nomination or a nomination of another WEF member.
- Applications must be typewritten.
- Individual WEF members and MAs may submit applications nominating WEF members for Fellow status.
- Applications must be received at WEF headquarters no later than February 1st of each year.
- Click here for online application
For more information, contact WEF Staff, Kelsey Hurst. The deadline to submit applications and nominations is February 1, 2015.