View this post on Instagram
Some of SoCal water’s best & brightest gathered today at the City of San Diego’s Utilities Training Center for an EPA Effective Utility Management workshop. We’re building the utilities of the future today! Kicked off by Don Jones, Center for Water Studies @cuyamacacollege & Ed McCormick, Past President @wef_org #cawater #cwea #epa #utilitiesofthefuture #wastewater #water #effectiveutilitiesmanagement
The EPA Effective Utility Management Workshop helped utilities address a full range of challenges and move toward sustainable management of their operations and infrastructure. After participating in this session, participants were able to:
- Utilize the results of their EUM Self-Assessment to spark and support further dialog within their utility about the EUM framework and areas for potential improvement.
- Create an internal team to utilize the EUM framework, assess utility conditions and develop an improvement plan.
- Communicate and network with utility peers about their challenges, successes and improvement plans.
Utilities learned how to make improvements in the Ten Attributes and Five Keys to Management Success, at a pace consistent with their most pressing challenges.
The workshop was hosted by:
- Allen Carlisle, General Manager, Padre Dam, MWD
- Ed McCormick, retired, Manager of Wastewater Engineering, East Bay MUD